- FOR a governor who protects health care coverage for all and Medicaid for those who need it; who supports a woman’s right to choose and women’s essential healthcare; who supports protection of public lands, clean air, water and stringent environmental protections; who pre-emptively legislated against off-shore drilling for oil.
- AGAINST legislation that would end Oregon’s commitment as a sanctuary state; against racial profiling; against the forced use of local police as a deportation force; against legislation that is self-defeating and discriminatory against the wide spectrum of people who work in every Oregon industry.
- AGAINST legislation that would unfairly strip away quality healthcare, including abortion care, from low-income residents.
- FOR legislation allowing the issue of bonds for financing affordable housing in a market that is increasingly unaffordable.
- FOR a surcharge on retailers with total annual revenue over $1 billion dollars to fund the Portland Clean Energy Community Benefits Fund, which funds clean energy projects and clean energy job training.
I also voted FOR:
- A country that cares for its weakest residents, its disabled, its sick, its elderly.
- A country that is still striving to provide accessible, affordable high-quality education for everyone.
- Courageous businesses that are committed to paying all their employees a fair, livable wage.
- A country whose residents ALREADY recognize that the rights of LGBT people should never be any different than their own.
- A country that so deeply cares for its own residents that its legislators are permanently committed to clean water and deep environmental protections.
- A country that takes a leadership role in funding sustainable energy options.
- A country that reflects every and all family units.
- A country that abhors racism and misogyny.
- A country that values EVERY life as unique and valuable.
- A country that stands for the premise that women are the absolute equal to men.
- A country that finally recognizes when its highest duty is to remove a fascist president from office.
THIS IS WHY I VOTE.